Thursday, September 29, 2011

What an amazing Vietnam! Nha Trang.

The reason why I was getting so excited about the day was that not only I managed to do everything as planned. Surprisingly as for the level of my experience, the language and the bad publicity Vietnam has got for being not user friendly..Within one day I got so many nice things happening to me that I was overwhelmed and almost drunk with happiness.
Window view today - Nha Trang
The morning in Mui Ne with relaxing beach and the sand dunes, then travel to Nha Trang with some adventures on the road, but nothing really bad just a flat tire and the delay.
Arriving in Nha Trang, I needed a taxi-motor and he accepted my price without arguing (very uncommon!) - VND 20K. Of course he took me to the hotel he had deal with first.  Instead of taking me to the hotel I wanted :). I just refused the offer and insisted on taking me to my hotel ("but why lady, this is cheaper, you want to see a room? really nice").
 Now to my Summer Hotel here. At first I thought I could not afford it. 3 star hotel in the most popular beach resort in Vietnam, must be outside of me reach. But I was at this hotel for a reason. I promised the lady from Can Tho Spring Hotel that I would use their hotel chain when in Nha Trang. It is owned by the same family and she recommended it to me. Not wanting to disappoint her for my budget and for not even trying, I went there thinking I would try negotiation, they will refuse and I will go to a cheap sh*ty hotel as usual :)
The economy room price starts from 600K per night which is 28.5 $ a night. No way I saw them agreeing tto my 15$ per night...

But they did (!).
Window view Nha Trang
as you can see they love funny-shape buildings...

and trees...


I said that I came from recommendation of the owner and that this is the price I am willing to pay and I really cannot pay more. The receptionist made a phone call, probably to confirm. And I got the room, and more.

I was upgraded to the room for the standard price 1,350K - double room on 8th floor with panoramic view over the beach. Plus I for breakfast for free and free massage.. I still cannot believe it, writing it..So I am paying 15$ per night for all this, while last night I had to pay 20$ for a bungalow with cockroaches (!).

When I got to the room, first I had a shower in a proper shower cabin with a spotless bathroom, nce towels, nice shower gel etc. Then I used a hair dryer (!) which made me endlessly happy for the evening. A hair dryer made me happy, after 5 days of not using it and one day of not having a shower because of the power down at Mui Ne. And I was so happy!!! I will still be happy going to my luxurious room once I finish writing ;)

I went downstairs to confirm the price again, with the upgrade etc.. and I wasn't dreaming..it was true, no confusion!

I left the hotel almost flying, like on the wings. Next, I found a PADI center and I booked myself for the day scuba diving for tomorrow. And I got 10% discount straight away, mentioning the Summer Hotel I am staying in. For 36$ I will get the day diving from a boat, the equipment, the transfer and the food. That's life.

I might be staying in this place for longer I think.
I must write to Mrs Hong Thutang for making my day :)

Sleep well all.

4 comments:

  1. Hello from all the gang in Bemowo :-) Great to hear it's all going well. After this experience, it will be hard to settle for a week in the sun in somewhere like Spain - it will seem so boring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already said that after all this, as much as I love Europe, it seems easy and "boring" with things being predictable and prices pretty much set :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so inspired by your tales of bargaining, I decided to try it at Carrefour - unfortunately they were not so interested in the Vietnamese approach :-)...Hello from the Bemowo Gang :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zle widze, czy masz wysoce deszczowa pogode? W słonecznym Szczecinie - słoneczko ;]

    ReplyDelete