Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Relaxing in Cairns, and a sudden change of plan

The diving trip has been an experience. I am so happy I got to fulfill one of my dreams. I have never expected to come so far so fast. Some people never get to follow their dreams. What does it take to follow through with your desires?

Lucky green frog, hiding underneath a deck.
 I have been doing a lot of thinking during this trip. All the time I spent alone hiking, traveling, being with myself only. Somehow it does not create any distress. I enjoy it. I look forward to it. I need it. My lucky green froggy was also found alone ender the deck. Does it make him any less happy that all the other frogs that live in packs? People seem surprised when they learn I am a loner. It is not expected of a woman to be consciously staying away from people and avoiding them even. But this is who I am. I learned one big thing about myself, I need to preserve my internal loneliness to be able to be with people. It is like a retreat, my safe place. In order to keep my safe place sacred I need my routines in every day life. I taught myself what these routines should be and I stick to them. 

When I travel it is different again. I like being left alone and have human interactions spontaneously on occasions. It is absolutely OK with me to chat with a stranger on a trail and to tell stories under the stars. It is absolutely daunting to have to make joined decisions all the time and compromise on every step you take because of other peoples views. I do not compromise on the way I want to spend my free time, it is way too precious for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment