Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Inside Sydney


Sydney reminded me of London so much that I had to remind myself on occasions that I actually flew from another continent, with two stops on the way, with knee injury, with mistaken reservation for hostel booking...My first day in Australia... and I ended up in London?? WTF??
Maybe not exactly, weatherwise..:)
It started off sunny, but by the time the afternoon approached it was clear that the strom was coming... This could not stop me from browsing through the Rocks, King Cross, Sydney North...there is no better way of exploring places than by foot.

The Sydney Opera and City view

Queen Elisabeth ;)



Old Sydney
 I liked especially the street paintings, pretty unique and very esthetic. Suprisingly no attempts to paint it by some "street artists". How are they managing this??

Old Sydney
 Climbing the bridge is supposed to be one of Sydney highlights but I am not so sure about it. Value for money? Overpriced.... and there is so much better uses for the hundreds of dollars they are asking for it. ;) Nevertheless it is nice to look at. Walking the bridge is something different, mind you. It is because of all the safety "features" preventing the suicidal people from action... I don't know if it is true or not... but I do know that walking the bridge reminded me a lot of walking around concentration camps... the tall walls with wiring.... it is worth walking, don't get me wrong, mainly because of the stunning bay view and city view...
Harbour Bridge


Sydney Central, major spot for hostels and night life... looking very familiar ;)


Sydney at night...
Manly is a suburban place famous for a nice beach and marina altogether with fancy people with posh apartments and cars. It is quieter than the famous Bondi Beach occupied by surfers. Here the bay water is calm and inviting. You can even go snorkeling without going far from the shore. It is also known for its night life - but this is not a surprise, is it? :)
Manly...
Manly beach - nice and peaceful...
Sydney surprises? Starting a prepaid number from any of the local operators makes you want to scream. They will ask you all your personal details including your grandmothers eye colour and your shoe size... and after that you will still need to do some work to activate the whole thing... Very safe but non user friendly at all!!

On those first couple of days I enjoyed the most strolling around the harbours and visiting Royal Botanic Gardens reminding me so much of London Hyde Park and the Domain Park...

First shot of the local "wildlife" ;)

3 comments:

  1. Sydney is popular and great city in Australia. Here I get beautiful image of Sydney. Its too good and wonderful. I personally like Harbour Bridge and opera house in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there will be more coming, I spent 2 more days around Sydney at the end, I will be posting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Journey is my passion that's why I have seen around 80% beautiful places in the world. Sydney is my most favourite city where I got more than enjoyment that I want. This article has refresh my memories of Sydney tour.

    Ferradura Resort

    ReplyDelete