Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Check List

from the crime scene
Preparation check list consist so far of:
  • light, quick-dry clothing but including long sleeve tops and long trousers
  • sandals and light trekking shoes (for the North!). [Unfortunately I was not given opportunity to enjoy my lime-green new sandals as they got eaten by my misbehaving dog. I found them in the crime scene - in his bed, the day after I had bought them. Well to give the dig justice this was my fault - never trust your pet that they will not destroy your new pair of shoes... of course there was also an old pair of Nike shoes standing just next to it, but they weren't so tasty.. obviously...]
  • passport copy and e-ticket copy, visa recommendation letter
  • a torch
  • small rucksack and main backpack
  • 
  • plastic cover for backpack and plastic bags for packing
  • currency & debit card
  • first-aid kit
  • refreshing tissues and antibacterial hand liquid
  • a sheet (instead of a sleeping bag)
  • a towel (potentially made of microfiber)
  • camera, memory stick and additional memory card                               
  • sun protection (50+)
  • sunglasses (!)
  • repellents
  • 
    recovering diving gear
    
  • at least two passport photos
  • 
  • snorkeling gear (diving mask and snorkel pipe), this is the only pieces I can carry with me.. Btw. if you find yourself in a situation where your mask and pipe are out of shape a bit, due to long time in a closet for example, I recommend to put it in warm water with a delicate liquid wash. Let it soak in for some minutes and then give it a clean. Once you are done with it, should be like new :). All the yelIowishness should go away.

This weekend I will be trying to fit it in my backpack to see how I am managing in terms of space and weight.
Picture soon to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment