Friday, August 19, 2011

Brand New Shoes

One of the big question marks, among hundreds of course, is what type of shoes should you bring for this kind of trip. To satisfy comfort, safety, hot and humid weather.. and to look kind of nice.
Being a bit nosy I asked a couple of people who travelled in Asia and their answer was "sandals".
Sandals??!!! OMG this is like a big offense to any woman who is wearing high hill shoes for every day work. The sandals are the kind of trekking ones that usually look ugly and there is nothing fancy about them.
Never having a pair of my own, at least this is what I have had in my mind.

And so I started looking around for the right pair for me...

I don't know what's your experience with shopping but I tend to have a sort of focus with shopping for specific objects. It looks like this, I enter a shop, I have a look around and if nothing is "talking" to me I am not making my decision there. Once I spot the right object it is like "this one and no other" and if it is within my price range, I am getting it. It takes from 5-15 minutes from trying on to decision and it is done.
Of course sometimes you have to try on more things to validate your choice but usually the "talking object" is spot on and gets confirmed :).

Weird isn't it?

Coming back to my sandals.. here they are. I took some risk with getting a pair with party closed toes but first test has been successful. Check this out, was it a right decision?



I hope so, otherwise I will be stuck in the middle of Indochina with desperate sandals :).
And here is something for fun: what kind of scary animal left this trace ?


Well it is my doggy who will have to stay here when I will be off travelling Vietnam...

No comments:

Post a Comment